( A fusion blend of Tiramisu with goodness of coconuts mulled with Oreo crunch with threads of mandarin orange zested, folded and set chilled as a scrumptious dessert with myriad tastes )
For the Zabaglione:
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 cups vanilla flavoured whipped cream
To assemble the tiramisu:
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese/cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sweetened desicated roasted coconut
- 2 cups orange juice, warmed
- 12 Oreo cookies ( sandwiched cream – removed )
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Make the zabaglione: In a large mixing bowl , mix together the egg yolks, sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Whisk together until the yolks are fully blended and the mixture looks smooth. Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler with simmering egg mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it resembles thick custard. consistency. Let the zabaglione cool, transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until it is thoroughly chilled.
- Thoroughly mix the whipped cream and Zabaglione – Set aside.
- To assemble the tiramisu: Put the warmed orange juice in a shallow dish. In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese as it will make it easier to fold. Add the prepared and chilled zabaglione and cream mix, blending until just combined. Gently fold in the mascarpone/cheese spread and the shredded coconut. Set this cream mixture aside.
- Working quickly, dip 12 of the oreo cookies in the orange juice, about 1 second per side. They should be moist but not soggy. Immediately crumb it and drop in stemmed glass, alternating layers with the cheesy coconut flavoured tiramisu – Repeat to create 2 more layers.
- To serve, sprinkle the tiramisu with roasted coconut.
Regional Exec. Chef
The Pride Hotel