( A delicate chicken preparation by the darogah e bawarchikhana – Mian Mirza Hasnu – who was a culinary artisan and favourite of the Mughal Asafuttdaulah would create choicest of delicacies for the nobles and win laurels amongst the queens and royal guests of the Nawab of Awadh who was famous for his royal feasts, shatranj and collections of art )
Preparation time: – 45 mints
Cooking time: – 25 mints
- 1 kg chicken drums ( leg pcs )
- 4 cups plain Yogurt wheyed
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds, ground
- 2 cup almonds, blanched and ground
- 2 tsp cassia buds
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut roasted on tawa
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp royal cumin seeds
- 1cup desi ghee
- 1 kg onions, thinly sliced, browned & ground
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Saffron few strands dissolved in hot milk
- ¼ tsp chandan powder
- 1 tbsp sundried rose petal powder
- Seasoning to taste
How to make:
- Clean the drums of chicken and marinate in the ingredients from 2 to 8.
- Keep aside for 1-2 hours.
- Grind the dry spices after broiling on a dry skillet together and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the half of whole garam masala ground pastes till the sweet aroma emits.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir well.
- Moisten with a little water and cook till the chicken is tender.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the freshly crushed aromatic saffron and rose petal & lemon juice.
- Dam ka Murgh is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Regional Exec. Chef
The Pride Hotel