time taken – 30 mnts — serves — 4
- 1 cup chickpeas ( kabuli chana)
- 1 tea bag or 1 tbsp black tea leaves tied in a cheesecloth
- 2 1/2-inch ginger, 3/4th of it shredded finely for garnish
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 150 ml water
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 – 1tsp red chili powder or as per taste
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- finely chopped coriander leaves
How to make pindi chole:
- Soak Chole in water overnight or for about 6 hrs.
- Cook the chole with salt and enough water in the cooker for about 20 minutes or till fully done.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Finely chop the remaining ginger. Saute chopped ginger and green chilies for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder and sauté over low heat until the oil separates.
- Add chole, the reserved cooking liquid, salt and half of the coriander leaves. Simmer, uncovered until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add a pinch of garam masala and serve pindi chana sprinkled with the remaining garam masala, coriander leaves and shredded ginger
Regional Exec. Chef
The Pride Hotel