( A vegetarian master creation from the kitchens of nizam which was influenced by their greek food cultures . Buttersoft cottage cheese rolled with assortment of veggies and rich dry fruits and seared on a mahi tawa ) – this was specially created for the Hindu kings of the erstwhile territories who were staunch vegetarian and were invited on royal feasts by nizams on several occasions )
Preparation time: – 30 mints
Cooking time: – 15 mints
- 60 g roasted pine nuts,almonds (fried in desi ghee)
- 50 g raisins, seedless apricots
- 10 g caraway seeds (Ajwain)
- 60 ml ghee
- 5 g shahi jeera , black mustard seeds , chilli powder, turmeric powder,cumin (jeera) powder each
- 20 g curry leaves
- 50 g chopped green chillies (to add a spice to sweet dry fruity flavors)
- Salt to taste ,
- 2 g garam masala powder
- 500 g malai paneer
- 20 g fresh chenna / parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 g green cardamom powder
- Few drops of meetha kewda / essence
- Few strands of saffron dissolved in hot milk for colour and aroma
- Ghee for frying
- 10 g chaat masala
- 100 g carrot, capsicum, cabbage and potato each
For the coating as a batter
- 50 g roasted gramflour powder
- 2 g yellow chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 g turmeric powder
- 2 g shahi jeera
- Cut the carrot, capsicum, cabbage and potato into juliennes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low heat and add shahi jeera to it. Saute the chopped vegetables. Add the masalas and lastly the dry fruits. Mix well and keep aside.
- Cut the paneer into thin, slices / picattas (4 inches x 2 inches). Put a tablespoonful of sauteed vegetables on each paneer slice. Add grated cheese and aromatic cardamom , meetha kewda and roll the paneer slice into a pan cake fold l. Similarly prepare the remaining paneer folds.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the flour, yellow chilli powder and turmeric powder, salt and the shahijeera. Make a thin batter. Lightly coat the paneer rolls / marinate with the batter. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over them.
- Heat a little ghee in a pan. Add paneer rolls and shallow fry / grill them till they become golden and done.
- Sprinkle chaat masala , chilli flakes on top. Serve hot.
Regional Exec. Chef
The Pride Hotel