- 1 KG vanilla sponge – easily available from local 8 kiwi fruit
- 1 kg heavy whipping cream
- 2 00 gms icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- 8 fresh ripe kiwi fruit
- 150 gms maraschino cherry pitted and chopped for stuffing between the layers of sponge.
- 250 g strawberries sliced
- Cut out two rims of sponges of 10 ‘ and 6 ‘ diameter. Trim edges and sides evenly.
- Slice sponge horizontally into 2 equal slices each. Peel and slice kiwi fruit and strawberries.,
- Moisten the sponge layers with water, sugar and essence/ with water, sugar and essence syrup to make the cake lucious.
- Whip cream to soft peaks and add icing sugar. Divide into 3 portions – Whip kiwi, strawberries’ essence separately to stiff peaks. Mix in chopped trimmings of left-over fruit and cherries with the cream spread to layer between the sponge slices.
- Cover entire cake with whipped cream and garnish cake with slices of kiwi fruits and strawberries – making individual cakes. Mount smaller over the bigger forming two tiers. Refrigerate at least 20-30 minutes before serving. Serve ceremoniously
Regional Exec. Chef
The Pride Hotel