( This is a favorite soup Greek Food culture serves as a first course at the fine dining of a traditional Greek food affair. This is a very tasty and easy Greek soup which may be served cold or hot. Served cold, it is wonderful on a hot summer day. )
- 500 ml of home made stock / water
- 1/4 C raw rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- Optional – shredded cooked chicken
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs untill fluffy, then beat in lemon juice.
- Slowly stir about 2 C hot broth into the egg mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Pour back into rest of soup.
- Whisk until slightly thick.
- Add shredded cooked chicken if desired.
- Serve hot or refrigerate until cold.
- Garnish with lemon slice.