A creative all time favorite party starter with goodness of mouth melting mozzarella cheese and stuffing of zingy potato crocket with an exotic fusion of mango mayonnaise
- Potatoes- 3 (boiled & mashed)
- Mozzarella cheese – 500 gms Carrots- 1 (grated)
- Fresh Green Peas- 1/4 Cup
- Onions- 1big (chopped)
- Red Chili Powder- 1 tsp
- Maida- 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice — to taste
- CHANA MASALA – TO TASTE
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Rusk Powder/ bread crumbs – 1/2 Cup
- Slice thinly chunks of mozzarella cheese and roll it with a roller pin spreading as a sheet for the outer covering of the nugget.
- Steam the grated carrot & peas in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions until golden brown. Then add mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and peas. Fry for 10 minutes & add garam masala, chili powder & salt and sauté well. Remove from heat and let it cool down. Make lemon sized balls out of this veg mixture.
- place this mix individually into each sheet of rolled cheese and wrap it tightly sealing from all the sides into a desired shape of WEDGES
- Add some water to Maida and make it as a dipping batter. Dip the nuggets in the Maida batter and coat with Rusk powder. Flatten this into thin patties /wedges.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a shallow frying pan and fry few wedges / cutlets at a time until both sides becomes brown (turn it once). Repeat this until all the wedges are fried (Pour some oil every time you replace the cutlet). Serve hot.
:- mix mango pulp into the readymade mayonnaise , adjust the seasoning and serve crispy & piping hot as a starter .
(Courtesy , Chef Aman Tandon @ ThePrideHotels Ahmedabad)