Fresh, thick yoghurt 4 cups
Saffron threads, a pinch
250 gm corn (boiled)
1 Potato (boiled)
1 Bread slice (soaked)
4-5 Green chilies (chopped)
1 tbsp Green coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tbsp Garam masala powder
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
150 gms ONION SLICED
Milk 1/ 2 ltr
Gram flour (besan) 2/3 cup
Powdered cloves 15 cloves
Powdered black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
Powdered cinnamon 1 teaspoon
Ghee to fry
* Place the yoghurt in a muslin cloth and hang to drain for at least four hours. .
* Presoak the saffron in two tablespoons of boiling milk or water. Add the saffron water, gram flour, salt, cloves, pepper, cinnamon and one teaspoon chili powder to the yoghurt and mix well.
* boil the American Corn niblets in milk as much the corn is tender soft and the entire moisture of the boiling pot is evaporated/soaked
* cool the boiled corn and mix into the hung yoghurt residue with the half of masala & condiments
* In the ghee, fry the onions until golden brown. Remove and grind to a fine paste and set aside. Add the garlic, chili powder, garam masala, salt and ground onions to the ghee and cook on a slow flame adding the milk or buttermilk, a tablespoon at a time, to prevent them from burning. Cook until the flavors are blended and you have a thick dough like consistency.
* Divide into equal parts and shape up into small balls, flatten slightly to form kebabs. Heat ghee and shallow fry the kebabs, a few at a time, until a pale gold in color.
* Remove from the pan and set aside , neatly arrange into the serving plate , accompanied with mint relish and onion rings .
(Courtesy : Executive Chef Aman Tandon at ThePrideHotels Ahmedabad)