( Truly from the simplest of a staple food to the royal menus – dal langarwali is a must in a traditional Punjabi food affair )
•50g (soaked) whole black beans
•1 tablespoon coriander leaves
•10g (soaked) rajma
•10g (soaked) channa dal
•1-tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
•50g blanched chopped tomato
•1/2 small onion (chopped)
•Red chilly powder
• Take the pulses and clean them properly.
• Add water, salt, chili powder, ginger garlic paste and cook in pressure cooker for about 40 minutes or till the dals get cooked.
• Mash the dals and leave on low flame, so that the pulses get properly mixed.
• Add the beaten yogurt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
• Take a pan and heat a tablespoon of water. Add onions and cook till they soften.
• Add chopped tomatoes, chilly and little salt. Stir for about 5 minutes.
• Add this mixture to the dals and simmer for about 5 minutes.
• Garnish langarwali dal with coriander leaves and then serve it hot.