White Bread – 8 slices
For the filling:
Desi ghee – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, chopped
Onions – 1 cup, finely chopped
Paneer – 1 cup, grated or cut into small pieces
American Corn – 1/3 cup, boiled
Peas – 1/2 cup, boiled
Potatoes – 1/2 cup, boiled and mashed
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Chaat Masala – 1tsp
Kasoori methi – ½ tsp
Lemon juice – 2 lemons
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cheese – 3 tblsp, grated
Oil for deep frying
Wheat flour 200 G
Maida 100 G
Salt 1/4 tsp
Sugar – ½ tsp
Desi ghee – 4 tsp
Milk – 60 ml to knead
Imli/tamarind pulp 1 small cup
Rred chilly powder to taste
Cumin powder (roasted seeds) 1/2 tspn
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the cumin seeds and green chillies, then add the onions and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add the paneer, corn, peas, potatoes and coriander leaves.
4. Season with masalas and add the cheese.
5. Stir to make a firm mixture.
6. Cut off and discard the sides of the bread slices.
7. Moisten a slice with a little water and press it on the palm of your hand.
8. Put 1 tblsp of the filling on half the slice, fold over to close it and seal the open edge carefully, using a little water, to make a roll.
9. Heat the oil in a kadai, deep fry the bread rolls till half done .
10. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
11. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
12) Make dough by mixing wheat flour, maida and all the ingredients .
Apply oil on the dough and leave it covered for 30 minutes.
13) Make small discs and cut strips to roll it over the half done rolls and wrap it all over ensuring the stuffing is hidden and fry till done .
14) dab the opening of the roll with mint and imlee dips and serve piping hot .
(Courtesy : Executive Chef Aman Tandon at ThePrideHotels Ahmedabad)