Whole apple / pear
Crush of fruit topping – proprietary available
4 Egg Whites
Pinch of Salt
200 g Caster Sugar
Almonds slivers — 100 g
350 ml Whipped Cream
Caramelized cashew nuts – praline
Fresh Fruit in season (Strawberries, kiwi, banana, melons, mango, papaya, litchi , pineapple etc.) neatly cut into dices & scoops .
1. Place the egg whites in a large clean bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat until stiff , Continue beating as the sugar is gradually added. Beat until mixture is stiff and shiny. Keep aside
2. whip the cream in a separate bowl and mix in the cut fruits and caramelized cashew nuts 3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture, into the cored apple / pear till top .
3. Fill in a conical piping with sweetened meringue and holding the stuffed apple in hand pipe out meringue in a design covering the cavity of the apple shell
4. line up the plate with mango puree / berry / orange / kiwi crush in a thin film and pipe a mosaic of melted chocolate like a web — placing the apple on top and gently bake it to a golden color .
5. Chill it and serve sprinkling with almond slivers .
(Courtesy: Executive Chef Aman Tandon at ThePrideHotels Ahmedabad)