The climate is slowly turning towards being hot & humid , the very refreshing , rejuvenating & thirst quencher Sheera E Naranj is an essential every household recipe authenticated from the lands of Awadh.
Done-up in minutes! Out of every homemaker’s kitchen.
Time taken 10 mins – serves 4
2 tbsp Dry roasted and ground cumin seeds
4 tbsp FRESH Mint leaves paste
1/2 tsp Cilantro leaves paste
1 tbsp RAW Mango PULP (AMBIYA / KACHCHI KAIRI )
1/2 tsp Black Salt (also known as Rock Salt) }
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Sugar POWDER – as per sweetness required salt to taste
5 cups sweet lime juice / orange juice
1/4 tbsp Mint leaves (for garnishing)
50 gms of ready made boondi
3 Tsp Anardana Churan
In a mixer / blender mix all of the above ingredients except the water and mix well.
• Add the freshly squeezed sweet lime juice / sweet orange juice ( if available )
• Strain the blend , correct the seasoning in terms of salt , sour , and mint if required …..
• Garnish with mint leaves , boondi , lemon slice
• Serve it in a tall glass / goblet, chilled.
Chef’s tips :
* Some amount of soda can also be added to give it a fizz.
* when it is mango season , chops of mango – sweet can also be added to give it a mango touch ,
* You may also add a pinch of jaljeera powder to give it a punch
* Fusion of flavors can also be tried by fusing in strawberries, blue berries ,leeches, kiwi fruit , citrus sweet fruit etc, & any other berry fruits available in the season.
(Courtesy : Executive Chef Aman Tandon at ThePrideHotels Ahmedabad)