Serves- 2 people
Prep Time – 35 mins
Drums of Chicken – 500 gm
MANGO PULP (preferably totapari mangoes ) – 100 ml
Raw Mangoes – 100 gms
Ginger garlic paste – 4 tsp
Olive Oil – 100 ml
Hung Curd – 3 tbsp
Red Onions – one
Clove – 3-4
Cinnamon Stick – 1
Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Cream – 3 tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
Poppy Seeds – 20 gms
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Green Chilies – 2
Fresh Coriander (Cilantro)- chopped, 40 gm
Salt to taste
Green Peppercorn crushed – 2 tsp
Cut chicken into 1-inch dices, wash and marinate with green peppercorn and oil. Keep aside.
Wash raw mangoes, deseed and dice them. (I prefer using little ripe mangoes than absolutely raw ones).
Wash and chop coriander.
Fry onions till golden brown. Make a paste out of them.
Roast the poppy seeds slightly and make a paste.
Wash and slit green chilies.
1. Heat oil. Add cinnamon, cloves. After they crackle add ginger-garlic paste.
2. Once ginger-garlic paste is done, add coriander powder and red chili powder.
3. Add chicken and sear it for a short time.
4. Add in the hung curd and cook.
5. After chicken is almost done, add in raw mangoes, fried onion paste and garam masala powder. Add the mango pulp.
6. In the end add in the slit chilies, kasuri methi, cream, fresh corriander, salt. Mix well and cook till done
(Courtesy : Executive Chef Aman Tandon, from ThePrideHotels Ahmedabad)