Skimmed milk: 1 lt
Sugar: 200 gm, to taste
Strawberry and passion fruit essence: 2 tsp each
Powdered gelatin: 2 packets (about 4 ½ tsp)
Cold water : 6 tbsp (90 ml)
Strawberry and passion fruit crush (for dessert topping): 1 cup each
1) Heat the milk and reduce to a one third consistency. Add sugar in a sauce pan; once dissolved, remove from heat, cool and divide into two different bowls.
2) Add strawberry essence to one and passion fruit essence to the other and stir it.
Lightly grease heart-shaped moulds.
3) Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 mins.
4) Pour the rabdi pannacotta mixture into the prepared moulds and chill until firm (which will take at least two hours), but let them stand for at least 4 hours.
5) Run a sharp knife around the edge of each pannacotta and unmould each onto a serving plate, cut through the desired shape of a heart, place one over the other (as shown) after glazing each with strawberry and passion fruit crushes and serve.
(Courtesy: Executive chef Aman Tandon from The Pride Hotels, Ahmedabad)