Spice Paste marinade
- 2 cups hung yogurt
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- ½ tsp aromatic garam masala — freshly pounded
- Few strands of saffron dissolved in 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp roasted gram-flour powder to bind the marinade with chicken chunks
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only
- 6 onion (peeled)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 4 teaspoons of (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) / soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- Bamboo skewers / satay sticks (soaked in water for 2 hours to avoid burning)
- 1 cucumber (skin peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 small onion (quartered)
- Cut the chicken into small cubes. Grind the Spice Paste in a food processor.
- Add in a little water if needed.Mix in hung yoghurt , saffron , cardamom powder and masalas .
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the spice paste for 2-3 hours.
- Thread the meat onto the bamboo skewers / satay sticks and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with the fresh cucumber pieces and onions with flavorful peanut dip
(Courtesy: Regional Executive chef Aman Tandon from The Pride Hotels, Ahmedabad)