Preparation time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1 KG vanilla sponge cake – easily available from local 8 kiwi fruit
1 kg . heavy whipping cream
2 00 gms icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence .
8 fresh ripe kiwi fruit
50 gms cherry for garnish .
1) Trim edges of vanilla sponge cake and make the sides even
2) Slice cake horizontally into 2 equal slices. Peel and slice kiwi fruit. Starting with 1 slice of cake, place slices of 2 kiwi fruit on cake. Continue to alternate cake and fruit until last layer is in place.
3) Moisten the sponge layers WITH WATER , SUGAR AND ESSENCE SYRUP TO MAKE THE GATAUE SOFT AND LUCIOUS .
4) Whip cream to soft peaks, then add icing sugar and kiwi essence or vanilla essence whip to stiff peaks.
5) Cover entire cake with whipped cream and garnish cake with kiwi fruits and cherries . Refrigerate at least 20-30 minutes before serving. Serve on chilled plates.
(Courtesy- Regional Executive chef Aman Tandon from The Pride Hotel, Ahmedabad)