(An excellent snack recipe from the king vegetable POATOES – transformed into a Rampuri Cuisine delicacy of SHAMI KEBABS made 100% vegetarian RELISHED AS A GREAT SNACK – FAST TO COOK & GREAT TO EAT
- Fresh cut pieces of new harvested potatoes – 300 GMS
- Channa Dal – 1 cup
- Garlic – 12 clove
- Zeera whole – 1 tsp. or according to taste
- Whole Black Pepper – 1 tsp. or according to taste
- Red Chili whole – 12 or less upto you
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Green Cardamom – 4
- Clove – 4
- Cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 long piece
- Dhania Patti – 2 tbs.
- Chopped Onion – 1 tbsp.
- Green Chilli – 1/2 tsp.
Saffron ( a few strands ) & sweet kewda – few drops for aroma
1. Peel, wash and boil all the ingredients together until channa dal became soft but not placid chef’s tip :- the water level over the ingredients should be only 1 inches above the bed of potatoes, dal etc.
2. Grind it without adding any extra water.
3. Take it out from grinder and add chopped green chili, chopped onion, chopped coriander leave, kewda and saffron and lime juice.
4. Make flat round like a aloo tikki or a pattice.
5. Heat oil in frying pan (non-stick ) and shallow- fry kebab until golden brown.
6. In case your ground ingredients became too soft add some roasted gram flour as it is an excellent binding agent.
7. Serve it with Chutney or as a side dish with main menu.
(The credit for this recipe goes to Executive chef Aman Tandon at The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad)