(A creative compound dessert from the east of india in fusion with Modern patisserie of mellowing the rich white chocolate ganache with Mishti doi cream cheese and sweetened with goodness of natural nalen Gur – served chilled a’la parfait)
- Full cream milk (1litre)
- Curd (2tsp)
- Palm jaggery (300gms ) — NALEN GUR / DATE PALM JAGGERY
- White chocolate – 250 ml (melted)
- 120ml double cream
- 4 tsp gelatin (divided into 2 mixes equally in 30 ml milk and water each)
Method of preparation:-
- In a heavy based pan reduce milk ½ of its quantityon slow flame
- Melt the jaggery in the pan by using 30 ml of milk . Now add 1/2 the jaggery to the boiling milk and stir it well. Cook it for another 5 minutes and then cool it. Then mix the curd.
- Pour the mixture into the clay pot and then keep it in the warm place to set. When the curd gets set in the pot, then keep it in the refrigerator to get chill.
- Whey out the set cold mishit doi to obtain cheese curd , mix in the molten white chocolate and whipped double cream – adjust the sweetness (should be as bit lesser than optimum sweetness)
- In a separate bowl to the left over sap of nalen gur add the other batch of jelatine and mix.
Assembling of parafait:-
- Take stemmed goblet and fill in first the jellied nalen gur and rest it tilted on a bed of salt to form a set angle for 30 minutes.
- Next half of the glass – fill in the mishit doi white forest mousse evenly and set for 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- Before serving chilled top up the layer with a tbsp of diluted nalengur (without gelatin) and a garnish – scrapes of chocolates/cherries/fresh fruit/wafer stick etc.– Serve it chilled.
Regional Exec. Chef
The Pride Hotel